Tuesday, June 24, 2008

white on white is alright


I went wedding dress shopping in New York City, Denver, and Sacramento a few months ago, and with my army of consultants tried on at least fifty dresses. Today I drew every single one I could remember trying on and made this little painting using almost only Titanium White. My Dress, as well as the two runners up (those most inciting buyer's remorse) all make appearances.

Taking photos of this painting is difficult! My kindly neighbor Mike offered up his digital camera after I was struggling on the ground with my stupid cell phone, defending the painting from cats and bunnies. Thanks, Mike! Here are two other photos:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Mike said...

This hardly narrows it down for me. I thought you said the dress was black anyways? Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more paintings.

Hannah Ryan said...

oh yeah, my real dress is actually black lace and very "Stevie Nicks"