Monday, June 23, 2008

Inspiration in the produce department.

Monday, June 23.
Sara often finds inspiration in the produce department, so I begin my search there. I go to Wegmans. It is glorious. I am hungry. I am hungry for mangoes, cantaloupe, plums, and avacadoes. I never eat properly when not at work, need to work on this.

Head home, totally take over the living room, scare the cats, and start eating then painting the cantaloupe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I keep working on the cantaloupe and try to just turn my brain off. Let my brush be an extension of my eyes. Eat some spaghetti o's. Try to get a little Diego Rivera thing going on with this fruit.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Huh. Not sure about this one. Need to add highlights and more shadows but it's too wet - I guess that's the problem with one oil painting per day, didn't think about that. So I'll post again once it's a little more finished.

My first reflection of this project is: I'm painting like I never really knew how to paint before. Yuck.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dude, love this one!!!! I like the portraits too! Will you sell it to me?