Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stuff

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, I ransacked the house.
Ten years, two dorm rooms, five apartments, one townhouse, four states, one District, eleven roommates, one domestic partner (now fiance). These are the things that made the journey, were packed and unpacked each time, hauled in boxes, shipped, opened, set up, put away, everytime, all the way to here:

20 things:
- a necklace made of Czech glass
- a picture of my dad and me at the Denver City Open
- four VHS tapes: (The Princess Bride, Dazed and Confused, White Christmas, Mixed Nuts)
- a picture of my mom and Hobie at the Clam Lake Lodge
- my heart-shaped locket of my friend Erik who passed away at the end of our freshman year of high school
- blue glass bulb earrings I wore for my high school graduation and engagement photos
- a terrible blue tank top
- a tea cup with my name on it, made by Mary Sharpe Davis in Albuquerque
- my senior yearbook
- a photo of my high school friends, taken the night we took over Butterfield's cabin
- my senior prom dress (which I wore around the house this morning)
- an inappropriately short dress I wore one time in high school
- my mom's old white satin pyjamas
- hemp adidas I ordered out of the back of Rolling Stone when I was 16
- my old passport (amazing bangs)
- my bear
- a nice hairbrush
- my softball mit, used regularly now for the first time in ten years (four nights a week!)
- the quilt my grandma made for my high school graduation
- Grunt, our underground newspaper from middle school, which got me in soooooo much trouble

28 Compact discs:
I won't name them all, mostly out of embarrassment, but highlights include:
- Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes, the first cd I ever purchased
- Arrested Development, one of my all time favorites to this day
- Garth Brooks Live, which I listened to today while painting and found surprisingly AWESOME
- Weezer, the blue album, probably the most listened to of that era
- like, four Aerosmith cds
- a complimentary cd called Zima Cuts from a case of Zima procured for a party
- Mazzy Star, So Tonight that We Might See, which I used to fall asleep to, and while awake I would light candles and feel deep

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

me said...

MMMMmmmmm, Mazy Starr. Goosebumps